We are back with our new monthly format, going through our top downloaded content with Matt Wenning.
Matt Wenning is one of only a handful of people to total over 2600 lbs in a professional competition, hold an all-time world record of 2665 lbs in the 308-lb class, and bench press over 800 lbs in a full powerlifting meet. He currently the owner and a private strength coach at Ludus Magnus gym in Columbus, Ohio, a personal trainer to many executives and professionals at Capital Club Athletics, and contracted by the US Army. He also works with firefighters, physicians, children with disabilities, and all forms of athletes in the Columbus, Ohio, area. His raw total is 2205 and equipped is 2665 lbs.
Some of the topics we covered included:
- What differentiates your form of conjugate to Westside?
- Raw PL vs Equipped – is there animosity between the two or is just on the equipped old school lifters?
- Do you think equipped PL will get popular again?
- What do you like about owning/operating a gym?
- Are you in Columbus, OH for any particular reason? Because Rogue or Westside?
- What is MAW (Mountain Athlete Warrior?
Strength Accomplishments 2011 World Record Holder at 308lbs Former all time World Record Holder with 2665 lb total World record Raw Squat (no wraps) – 832 lbs World record Equipped Squat – 1197 lbs 2010 APF National Champion 2009 IPA National Champion UPA National Record Holder – Open Division